Monday, May 19, 2008

The Partial Week from Hell

I don't even know where to begin.

-Controls sucks.
-Thermo sucks for distracting me from Controls.
-Cincinnati sucks for distracting me from finals and for leaving me only 3 days to be at home.
-I'm on the verge throwing my computer out the window in a
whirl of loud cursing and violent fist-shaking.
-My sleep schedule no longer exists.
-Sleeping isn't actually an option.
-If ONE MORE PERSON mentions to me that I should CHILL or take a break to do this or that, I will save my computer until I see that person, and then I will hurl it at his/her face. I'm not joking.

Why are people so willing to accept average? To just say, "Well, I'm close...but honestly, I think I'm just gonna relax and let things play out." What do you have to gain? Sure, you get a few hours more of sleep, and you enjoy yourselves a little bit for a few days. But what happens in the future? You're fighting to get a job because you're in the same situation as a million other people who did the SAME THING. Is it honestly worth it to just accept things as they are? To stop putting all of your effort into it?

And then, when I go and throw myself into work, I'm GUILT-TRIPPED by those people into thinking that I'm a bad person for not taking the time to hang-out or party. I get the lines of "oh, well sucks for you," or "you're lame."

What do you want from me? What else can I give you?


You've honestly stolen everything I had to give to begin with.


*aaaaaand return to work-mode. Sorry 'bout that*


1 comment:

Dani Meier said...

hey - give me a call sometime if you'd ever like to vent not via blog, okay? i may not understand thermo or controls or cincinnati (well, maybe i understand that), but i'll listen. :)
take care of yourself, please... and no worries. if you know and feel that it's right, i have no doubt that it is.