Thursday, March 11, 2010

Music. Wait, wha??


So you're probably bored with all the "whine whine whine" and "OMG WHERE AM I GOING IN LIFE??" Yeah, I am too. Soooo, instead, I'll give you a little musical tour of my "finds" on youtube. You know, because while I wait for SOMEONE to take this damn apartment off my hands, I've got no life. And that's where youtube swoops in and solves all my problems! While also ensuring that the only light I see is through my window.

Without further ado - and before you start thinking I'm some sad, saaaad excuse for a human being (which I am, but you don't need to know that) - here are a few of my favorite songs/artists from the Tube.

First off, my most recent find. Part of me just wishes they would do all of Imogen Heap's "Hide and Seek" because their harmony is SO GOOD.

Next, this girl has one of my favorite voices. Ever. And part of me is sad she's not signed somewhere. Actually, it's most of me, and I'm really just a blithering mess of "Someone pleeeaaaasse get this girl a contract!!"

Then - from what I understand - we have one of the first "internet bands". These guys started collaborating together online, and they're awesomesauce. I've got no idea where they are now, but they should be in my apartment. Singing for me.

Next, this girl is LOUD. And very good. She's got one of those incredible, soaring voices. Just watch the guy that's playing the guitar.

And concerning two of the people that Kat Badar referenced in the previous video (in the beginning), Cathy Nguyen and Andrew Garcia (who I knew of before American Idol. ME. I KNEW OF HIM BEFORE THAT) do a mean duet. They're all connected in some bizarre way (aka friendship. Psh, who does that?) and like to sing together. WHATEVS.

As for this guy, I have no idea who he is and I'll probably never know. Whoever was filming this, though, I'm going to find them and kiss them on the forehead. It's funny how such a simple folk song can sound so pure and haunting.

I like this one because it reminds me of the joys of everyday life. And that we're all our most beautiful when we're happy. (And that sometimes I get really corny).

Lastly (at least for now), here's a little Disney. If anyone out there can sing and play like this, you're giving me a private concert. Or you could just get AJ Rafael for me and save yourself. Also, I WANT THAT PIANO.

So basically, I should be a youtube talent scout. That's really what I'm telling you. And you should hire me and pay me MILLIONS of dollars because I'm SO GOOD AT THIS. Yeah, that sounds about right.

No comments: