Friday, March 21, 2008

Be prepared: This is a rant.

Time is a dangerous thing. Or at least, that's what some of the greatest leaders in centuries past have proclaimed ("greatest" purely based on power and influence). Give us a minute to free ourselves from the grind that defines our lives, and our minds will wonder beyond the thick walls built by our sweat and stress.

That's deep, right? The above statement is a direct result of time. Too much...obviously. Only days into my glorious spring break and my mind sees fit to retreat into some depths which I have no direct means of excavating it from. And of course, when I am struck so viciously again by my books and classwork, I'll probably stagger around a bit because I'm still not there.

So where has my mind led me? To no conclusion, I'll let you know. Just an endless dilemma, one which will probably haunt me until the end of my college career when finally the working world will shove a briefcase in my hand, a tie on my shirt, and a rigid smile on my face as I wake up each morning to a desk...or maybe a lab. Oh joy.

I see and read of people my own age everyday that are doing amazing things. They're being the best, the strongest, the fastest, the smartest, the most skilled, the most attractive, the freaking whatever-est. They've got lives full of mystery and full of publicity, and brilliant stories about them to boot.

And there's me. Actually, there are a lot of me's. There are people all over the globe who seem not to have - or do not have - a best or a most. We are those who excelled and came up pretty good. Average? Hardly...we are above! But not by much.

So I am officially dedicating this blog to the life of the pretty good. We've all heard of the best in the media, and now you'll get to hear about the...swell (honestly, when do you ever hear "you did a swell job" said to a championship soccer player or a piano virtuoso?). Of course, in true fashion of slightly above average writing, you'll probably grow bored within the first several minutes (10 if I throw in a few chuckles).


That's all for my rant. I am truly sorry for those of you who were expecting a bit more fun of a read, but that's what time has driven me to. Maybe when I'll need some sense of humor again (sunday night with homework...hooray), I'll be more entertaining.


btw, USC and Arizona, you suck. wtf. And Belmont, I was rooting for you even though you would have killed my bracket.

No comments: