Monday, June 30, 2008

After Yogurt After-thought


*fffthhhh*

*nnfff*

*shffff*

*shthh(ff?)*

What you've just read is an attempt to onomatopize or reverse phoneticize (read: they're words now and you'll deal) the sound I usually end up making at one point during lunchtime. It's the sound that comes out when you need to laugh but you can't open your mouth. And you'll explode if you don't release some air. And your office is dead quiet from people trying to work. And there is no physical feature on your face that allows you to close your nostrils and your hands are occupied by THAT DELICIOUS PB&J SANDWICH.

The result: A short burst of air sounding like some burst in an overhead air-duct. Followed by the *squeaky squeaky* of your seat as you shudder with ill-suppressed chuckle-age. Followed by the sound of someone who apparently just finished running a marathon in their swivel chair and is in desperate need of electrolytes or something better to do during lunchtime. Ehem.

Anywho-ways, I really need to stop reading humourous (THE BRITS) blogs during my eating-hour. Lest the manager outside my cubicle looks in and goes "NO PAYCHECK FOR YOU plus I need that TPS done by 4. Thaaaannks" and I fall out of my marathon-chair in a whirlwind of schematics and half-eaten gummy snacks (yum).


Note to self and published to others: Look into job as funny aerospace chef blogger? I think I saw a category for that at Monster.com. Or was it funny aerospace chief bowler? Hmm, I guess there wouldn't be too much of a difference...

No comments: