Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Letter to my Free time


Dear Free time,

Look, if you're going to present yourself at random times throughout the day, you at least have to leave me with SOME will to be productive. Because whenever you seem to roll around, a little voice in my head goes Hey, maybe I should lie on the floor and think of new ways to play solitaire. And that never seems to get me ahead in the long run because you can't Frenzy with only one person. It becomes more like "Solitaire in-a-quick-like-manner-on-an-individual-basis" (Note: If you don't know what I'm referring to then YOU HAVEN'T LIVED).

Take yesterday, for example. Here I am, having just finished my dinner when you decide to waft into my living room (because you don't flow, you waft). And before you had come, this very demanding voice in my head had been chanting "Go work out and be healthy" for some 12 hours straight, but when you rolled in it was all "mmm, donuts would be good." So then I went out and bought two donuts. And ate them. Where was I then? Stretched out on my carpet with a stomach full of tuna-pasta casserole and donuts, remaining in said position until bedtime. Wow, good thing that wasn't counter-productive or anything *grumble grumble*. We all know this certainly isn't my fault, being the model of perfection that I am. No, free time, the blame is yours. You sweep me off my feet and then throw me into a pool of laziness and vague ideas of card games. And I struggle for, meeh, three seconds? Past that, it's all over. Fine, you've won, now leave me be. So now I sit here and wait for a time when I will be free of you.


And I notice that school doesn't start for another two months. We still get to enjoy our amazing love/BAH-I-HATE-YOU relationship for another. two. months.


Paralyzing hugs or something of the sort,

Chris

No comments: