Thursday, June 12, 2008

POLL. RIGHT NOW.


Hey all, I've posted an easy (or at least, it should be) poll just to let me know who's reading. So if you have a spare, err...2 seconds?...click away whichever character matches you best. And try not to go poll-crazy by voting 12 million times. Or even more than once. POR FAVOR.


Work. Here goes.


I work, for the summer, at GE Aviation near Cincinnati, OH. My official title is EBU Systems Engineering Intern. The EBU (Engine Build Up) department basically works on all the hardware that surrounds the engine combustor/compressor/turbines but is still inside the cowling.


And that's probably where I've lost most of you.


While I'm not allowed to go into too much detail about what I do (first day, we heard a story about another intern who spilled quite a bit on his blog. AND THEN WAS ASSASSINATED. But that was a completely unrelated incident...), I can give you some vague ideas. I work on parts cost reduction, redesign, testing, and some project management. One of the great things about my department is that it covers a wide range of activities, so in the end I can take on 2 or 3 projects at a time and get new assignments after a few weeks of work. All of this, though, comes after only working there for 2 weeks, so any of these ideas could be just plain wrong. We'll see.


Here's a pic of a GE engine.


And it's not even the biggest one GE makes. More on that at a time when I don't want to take a nap.


Just kidding about the intern assassination, GE. HA HA. I WAS JOKING.

No comments: