Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chalk another one up for the Recall List

It's funny how, when you're waiting for several things to happen that could be mildly exciting or enjoyable, they all seem to collide at once, thus making one or all of them inconvenient. Let me give you an example.

I have been waiting for some time now to see The Dark Knight. Everytime I would see a trailer on tv, I would giggle like a little schoolgirl and clap my hands enthusiastically. It looked really good. At work, I've been waiting (slighly less enthusiastically) to drive out to our testing facility and monitor a test. I thought it'd be all swell and dandy to leave work early, drive an 1.5 hours, monitor a test for an hour, and drive back. And then have the IRS reimburse me for each mile I drove. So while I would go through less than half a tank of gas to drive ~160 miles, I would make $0.505 per mile - or over $90. Nice, yes?

Fast foward to Thursday, where I'm looking at plans to sit in a cool theater and watch DK right after work and the chance to drive over to out test facility tomorrow. I'm happy. And then I find out they're probably going to test Thursday afternoon, and Chris, you'll be the one heading up. Damn.

I mean, I can always go to the movies later right? It's just one of those moments where life goes "oh, hey, wait-a-minute. You might be enjoying yourself a little too much there. I'm gonna, you know, turn that down a little bit."

At the moment, as I wait for the go-ahead to head off to test, I'm eating some delicious popcorn and probably annoying the bejesus out of everyone around me with my cacophony o' crunching. To make this popcorn even more lively than it already was in its fresh-outta-bag state, I purchased a powdery "popcorn seasoning" (Ranch flavored!) in hopes of making my popcorn experience extraordinary.

The taste of the seasoning is good. Real good. As in, I may have just licked the plate to get that extra ranchy-goodness. Something that detracts from the joy of my tasty seasoning is that fact that, like powdered sugar, if you happen to do that thing called breathing while you eat the popcorn, you're going to get a lung-full of powdery Ranch Delight. And then the following sharp release of air that follows exits through your nose, and all the ranchy particles act like some abrasive, snorted drug. I had several instances where this happened, and three seconds later, I'm coughing and gagging in my chair and my nose is stinging like I just took a hit of crack. Let's just say that there's probably a reason they don't sell much of these seasonings. (might explain why they were fully stocked)



Let's also just say that if I were to snort anything again, it would be that seasoning. Cause nothing beats a ranch-induced high.

note: I did not actually get a "high" from the seasoning, although some of it may have reached my brain. You may notice little ranch-style additions to my writing in the future, 'cause I'm pretty sure that's how it works. God forbid if I had snorted cayenne....

No comments: