Thursday, July 24, 2008

This is how my workday ends

A conversation I had with a friend from Maryland who also works at GE. This was over a program called Sametime, which is like the AIM of big companies. We are both very hard at work at this point, quite obviously...


Mary
i haven't had yogurt since in about 15 years...

so i don't know if i like it

Christopher
im about to utter an over-used saying

but "you won't like it until you try it"

Mary
*lalalal*


sorry i couldn't hear you

Christopher
nope nope, you heard it

i said...

YOU WONT LIKE IT UNTIL YOU TRY IT

making me yell...

Mary
stop yelling!

you're distracting my co workers

Christopher
I'm going to find out Brian's last name and make him actually yell it at you

that would be hilarious

Mary
haha i could see him saying it

and being really confused

Christopher
and you'd be all "whaa? how di...wha?"

and then you would both scratch your heads and I...

I would WIN

Mary
NO

you can't keep winning

that's not how the game works

Christopher
beatin you at your own game

Mary
i want to play a new game

Christopher
too late

Mary
i'm going to make new rules

Christopher
you'll never win

Mary
since you broke all the last ones

Christopher
shattered them with my glory

Mary
i'm pretty good at gluing things together

i can repair them

Christopher
you can bet I'm better at gluing things...together

actually, during enes100

Mary
hahaha

Christopher
I glued my fingers together

Mary
greatest accomplishment?

Christopher
with that super-strong modelling glue.

Mary
was it painful to get them apart?

Christopher
needless to say it took 20 minutes of weedling with a flat-head screwdriver to get them apart

Mary
oh wow

Christopher
a bit, yes

Mary
i'm not going to count that as being good at something...

i'm going to count that as... your own fault

Christopher
don't be jealous.



Nothing special, just the marking of a regular workday at GE.

*Just kidding, GE. I do lots of work! Really! But, I mean, at 3:30pm, when you're going home in about half an hour? I may not be all there.... but you should keep paying me!*

No comments: