Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Too Much Quiet Reflection...


...usually means I'm at work. And avoiding my responsibilities.

Just felt like throwing an update out there for all of those who feel like keeping abreast in my life. (What do you mean no one cares? Don't you care? Why are you laughing like that?)

Friday: K and I get out of work around noon and start our drive to good ol' COLLA PARK WHAT (CPW). Nine hours later we actually make it to CPW and head-off to celebrate the 21st of the infamous Shub. Festivities include a bit of awkward small talk and hanging with some Maryland Imagers (sike those guys were crazy) before heading over to Turtle, where we party and dance (READER: Whoa whoa waitaminute, you were dancing?? CHRIS: It was dark enough for everyone to think my convulsions were dancing. READER: Ahh, ok. That makes sense.). Time we leave Turtle? 2:45 am. Yeah, you heard me.

Saturday: I roll out of bed around 11 or 12 and scoot over to Bagel Place with K and Shub. Afterwards, I sit in my room and enjoy youtube, facebook, and the like for the first time in 1.5 months. It' s a beautiful thing *single tear*. After some quality Kimmy and Phil's (that place next to 7-Eleven) and Coldstone, I make my way over to Courtyards to celebrate yet another birthday - this time only 20th. Tick off a couple of hours and a few of us head over to my Big Bro's house where I meet my GrandBig for the first time (real chill dude) and have an awesome time.

Sunday: I find my way to back my apartment and continue sleeping where I left-off, and then very slowly get up for a quick lunch before hitting the road again for Cinci. 9+ hours, pt. II, and we're back in O-high-O. O-joy-O (NOT).

Monday was our summer co-op picnic here at GE, which means I got to miss the ENTIRE day to listen to some of our severely well-paid directors/leaders speak and then eat hot-hogs and play corn-hole for the rest of day. Seriously, if I got paid for that everyday, I'd have no problem waking up at 6-something each morning. Heck, I'd even wake up at 4.

Sidenote: A fellow co-op turned me on to a contraption I've never seen before called a RipStik. It's sort of like a skateboard, only with just two wheels that are attached with ball-bearings and two different platforms that can lean in different directions. To ride it, you basically have to somehow simultaneously balance and give yourself some initial propulsion, then weave or wiggle your hips to drive yourself forward. So basically it's nothing like a skateboard, but, you know.....ehh, just look it up. But after seeing it in action and *attempting* to ride it, I am very close to buying one of my own. The $77 price-tag, though, is a bit off-putting...



Which is why I just spent the last half an hour reworking my summer budget! Creative thinking + organization = CHRIS GETS WHAT HE WANTS.

No comments: