Thursday, December 4, 2008

And then the brave warrior returned to his castle...


So, uh, hi there. I'm back!

*cough*

After what has probably been a deeply depressing and dishearteningly dreary time for you all, I have returned! Although I'll probably end up disappearing for another 2-3 weeks as I wrap up the semester...or I'll do what I usually do - blogging when I should be doing work.

Life has been chaotic as usual. Band is almost wrapping down - we had auditions to fill my spot as drum major this past Wednesday, which was both an interesting and melancholy affair (at least on my part). I did perk up a bit when I noticed I had started the trend of flipping over people during auditions. I'm tellin ya *wink wink nudge nudge*, that'll getcha in fer sher.

Any time that may have been freed up by lack of band is now completely filled (and overflowing) with grad school applications and final projects. My senioritis has been KILLING me, and I just want to get this damn semester over with so I can mope about not being an undergrad for much longer in peace. I mean, come on Aircraft Design! Do I really have to design a UAV? Like, right now? Maybe later-ish?

..or never-ish?

If you also happen to be grinding your teeth at the moment, let me share a little conversation I overheard with you. Upon reading, you'll probably realize that your life is nowhere near the hell that these kids are going through....

GIRL: I think I stayed up until 2 or something to finish my paper. I almost had to sleep through my 10am this morning!
BOY: Well just think, we've still got 3 exams to get through.
GIRL: And 2 of them are back-to-back, Thursday and Friday! I mean, like, wtf?
BOY: What'd he say in class today?
GIRL: I think we can use our notes. But, I mean, even if I'm going out Thursday night for *SOMEGIRL*'s birthday, I still have to study for a couple hours.
BOY: When are you all going out?
GIRL: I think we leave for the metro at 9. You know what, I'll just study for like, 45 minutes. I got a 73 on the midterm by doing that.
BOY: HA, I got a 78!
GIRL: Yeah, well, you brought your notes! And you didn't even share with me!!!
BOY: That's what you get for being such a dumb b****, ahaha! Nah though, you wanna start studying tonight for Monday?
GIRL: Nah, I'm goin out tonight. I think we're rollin into Cstone after pregaming at *SOMEOTHERGIRL*'s place. You in?
BOY: Ahh yeeeah. We can study Monday morning or somethin.


And that's when I shot them both in the back of the head.

The end!

1 comment:

Dani Meier said...

you know, it's funny... that sounds suspiciously like a few conversations i've heard around here...

by the way, completely unrelated point game that my freshman class has me playing:
if you see a girl wearing: ugg boots, northface wear, and leggings... 3 points.
if you see two of the above, 2 points.
one pointers don't count - their mothers probably had something to do with it.

... person with the most points at the end of the day wins.

... i did mention that it was *completely* unrelated to those conversations, right?
[grin]