Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Guhhhh

Last night, around 1am, I came down with a phenomenal cold.

I say phenomenal because I went from perfectly fine to faucet-nose and massive sneezing attacks in about 5 minutes. Kudos to whatever bug is inside of me; that takes quick action and an amazing ability to reproduce in mass proportions on-the-go.

So as I blow my nose for the 125th time today (my original box of 250 tissues is now halfway depleted), I groggily consider whether my nose will stay attached to my face. I guess if another hole forms on the side of a nostril, I'll have the opportunity to get a piercing without the needle...

Staying home rather than going to class has given me the chance to reflect on my past
illnesses. And to put off my thermo homework. Inevitably, I expect this happens to everyone, as they compare their current state to "the flu of '99" or "the ear infection from Disney World" (true story). My mind now goes back to winter break, when I had the opportunity to visit Hong Kong and China. After a great week in Hong Kong, we took the train to Guangzho, China to visit my friend's parents and sample the local culture. The first night there, I came down with a ridiculous (love them adjectives) fever, then within the next couple of days a weird stomache cramp, and when we finally left China, I threw up. Let's just say I wont be flying back to that part of China anytime soon.

And now, as I pop another couple of Tylenol Cold pills and blow my nose for the fifth time this post, I decide that I'll take the runny nose and half-lidded eyes over "the China virus." But that still wont stop me from ignoring my thermo homework.

No comments: